Yesterday we had our final travel meeting with our agency and the 19 families we will be travelling with. We leave in 10 days!! It was a great meeting and we talked about our itinerary in China, meeting the babies, suggestions for packing, and general travel info. The main themes were "be flexible in China as the plans may never go as smoothly as we hope" and "pack light"!! I've got my work cut out for me!!
We are actually doing very well limiting what to bring and just going with the necessary things. T-shirts and shorts, a bathing suit, and a light rain jacket should be good...one good thing about traveling in the summer is we won't need much. Everything is casual, too, so that will make it easy. The hardest part is knowing what sizes to bring for Kylie. I think I will just bring some basic things in two sizes and then whatever else we need, I will buy it there. The shopping is supposed to be great, especially in Guangzhou where we will be for 10 days.
I think our biggest concern is our carry-on bags. We have to keep them light. Well, planning entertainment for a 5 year-old for 15 hours of flying time with a weight limit of 11 pounds may be a little tight. We are surprising Jackson with a portable dvd player and some new movies. He'll also have some activity books, markers, crayons, and some cards. Then there's Paul and me...our laptop and another dvd player, movies, pillows, books, and magazines. We'll be pulling out that scale a lot before we go to check everything twice!
On the emotional side, I can feel us all getting anxious and excited. Not only do we have the amazing opportunity to see a country and culture with so much history, but we will be finally meeting our baby girl. Yes, a fifteen day trip that is going to be brimming with adventure, excitement, and lots of other emotions....memories for a lifetime. Can't wait to be packed and on our way!
TEN days and counting!!!!!!!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment